CrossFit Overton – CrossFit
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
20 minute AMRAP, with a partner of:
50 Wall-balls, 20/14-lbs.
40 Calorie Ski/Row/Bike
30 Dumbbell Snatch, 50/35 35/20
20 Box Jump Overs, 24″/20″
15 Bar Muscle-ups
Sunday marks the one year anniversary of the passing of Jacob Morris, who competed at the 2019 CrossFit Games in the 16-17 teen division. In his honor, we are gonna do a group memorial workout on December 13 @ 2:00PM.
Morris passed away on December 13, 2019 after complications following open heart surgery.
* The 17-year-old was diagnosed with a bicuspid aortic valve and an enlarged heart prior to competing at the 2019 Games.
* After numerous consultations with doctors they determined that he could compete at the Games without risk to his health.
* In his first Games appearance, Morris finished seventh, recording two top-five event placements.
* Shortly after his passing, the “Morris” memorial WOD was created to remember him.
* The workout was the last WOD he did before he passed away and consists of 50 wall balls, 40 calories on the ski erg, 30 single-arm alternating dumbbell snatches, 20 box jump overs and 15 bar muscle ups all for time.
* The workout has since found itself programmed into numerous competitions to honor Morris.
* Wodapalooza included it in their individual competition this year and the Pit Fitness Ranch Teen Elite Throwdown also programmed it and many of the athletes who knew Morris honored him before and during the event.